The Blue Rhino outdoor propane gas fire pit is ideal for homeowners who want to enjoy the warmth of real fire without the inconvenience of these two things – the mess of wood, and the smokey odor.
But is this outdoor fire pit any good? How did it fare among previous buyers? Let’s answer these questions in this Blue Rhino outdoor propane gas fire pit review.
Key Features of the Blue Rhino Outdoor Fire Pit
Here’s a quick list of this fire pit’s key features.
– Fireglass. Because gas fire pits are devoid of natural wood logs, fireglass fills in this void as a decorative substitute. The Blue Rhino fire pit gives you the option to choose among these fireglass colors – blue, white, and copper.
– Polished Look. Your guests will be impressed with this fire pit’s seamless appearance. The control is hidden well, and the side panels feature a decorative twin peak design for a beautiful look.
– Quick Ignition. With one push of the button, this fire pit ignites easily and quickly.
– Heat Output. Expect a heat output of 30,000 BTUs.
– Height. How tall is this fire pit? It’s 24 inches tall. Also, it’s a square fire pit, and it measures 30 x 30 inches.
Here’s a list of this fire pit’s pros and cons.
– Limited Heat Output. With liquid propane as its fuel source, the Blue Rhino fire pit is expected to have a limited heat output. As advertised, it can go as high as 30,000 BTUs. This can be a disadvantage especially in extremely cold weather, if you want more warmth or you’re in a group.
– Wood Deck Use. One of the advantages of this fire pit is that compared to a wood-fired fire pit, this LP fire pit is safer to use on a wood deck.
– Portability. It doesn’t come with wheels or casters. But as previous buyers have pointed out, it’s easy to move around.
– Assembly. It requires some assembly, but the general feedback is that as long as you follow the instructions, this device should be up and running in less than an hour.
– Appearance. This fire pit looks nice. As one person has said, it’s “more sophisticated” than other models.
– Complaints. One of the most common complaints is about the igniter. Some say that their unit’s igniter doesn’t work.
– Limitations. It doesn’t come with a lid. It also doesn’t drive away mosquitoes because it doesn’t produce smoke like wood does.
Bottomline: Blue Rhino Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit Reviews
When it’s intact, the Blue Rhino outdoor gas fire pit does what it’s intended to do. It gives a beautiful flame as you enjoy its warmth while hanging out with other people. But purchase this fire pit with reservations. Some people have had issues with their unit’s igniter.