Weighing 22 pounds, the Heininger 5995 outdoor fire pit is powered by propane. It’s very portable, so consumer usually use it for camping, backyard BBQs, RVing, and a night of fun outdoors. It’s one of the topsellers at a popular online retailer. Here, we give you our review of this outdoor fire pit.
5 Things You Need to Know About the Heininger 5995 Propane Fire Pit
– When you buy the Heininger 5995, expect a fire pit, a propane tank hose, and decorative rocks.
– Nope, it doesn’t come with a propane tank. You’ll need a 20- or 10-lb. propane tank to start using the fire pit. Get a propane tank here!
– There’s no smoke produced. It burns clean and smokeless.
– It doesn’t have electric ignition. You’ll need a long lighter to light it.
– The decorative or lava rocks come in three sizes – small, medium, large.
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
– Smoke, Soot, and Odor. As previously mentioned, the Heininger 5995 makes use of propane and it’s supposed to burn smokeless, clean, and odorless. But according to the buyer, you can “sometimes get a whiff of fuel.” If you smell propane, you probably have a leak somewhere.
As for soot, some buyers say the rocks eventually get a greyish deposit on them.
–Amount of Heat. Propane fire can produce lots of BTUs. But the amount of heat you can feel can be lower than you might expect depending on how cold it is outside.
– Size of Fire or Flame. There seems to be no difference on the flame size between high and low setting. Even on a low setting, one buyer says it can throw 8-10″ of flame. But if you go through the manual, you’ll discover that this unit has a safety device that you can open slowly to control the size of the flame.
– Propane Consumption. At least two buyers commented on the propane consumption of the Heininger 5995. One said it “eats propane on high setting.” One said that with their 5-gal. tank, they kept their fire pit on low setting for two nights for up to 8 hours each use. They still had plenty of fuel when they got home.
– Convenience. Since this does not require wood, it’s very convenient to use. You don’t have to search for wood and there’s no need to refill it.
Heininger 5995 Propane Fire Pit Review: Bottomline
Here’s our recommendation. This fire pit is ideal for people who would like a hassle-free and convenient alternative to a wood-burning fire pit. It eliminates the need to look for wood, it is odorless, and it is smoke-free. Plus, if a camping area prohibits you from creating an open fire, this fire pit is definitely the solution.