Do you want an outdoor fire pit but your husband or wife wants an outdoor table instead? If so, you definitely want to consider the Strathwood St. Thomas cast-aluminum fire pit with table (model JDT-799-42).
This table-slash-fireplace is decorative, so it makes a perfect centerpiece during the day (as a table), and at night (as a fire pit).
But though this product is definitely a great idea, the question is, is it as functional as it is beautiful? We give you the answers in this Strathwood St. Thomas cast-aluminum fire pit with table review.
The Strathwood JDT-799-42 is a Fire Pit Slash Table
It only takes one quick look at the JDT-799-42 to know that this fire pit is truly a work of art. Featuring an attractive scrolling vine motif, it boasts a 22 x 7 inch fire bowl in the center.
The fire pit has an even, bright copper surface that gives the CobraCo FTCOPVINT-C a run for its money, and it’s equipped with a metal grate at the bottom.
As a fire bowl, it comes with a protective lid that protects you from popping sparks and embers.
At a glance, here are other important things to note about the Strathwood St. Thomas fire pit with table.
- It’s made in China.
- It weighs only 44 pounds, so it’s lightweight and portable.
When you purchase this table, you’ll get ONLY this table. That said, you’ll want to pair it with arm chairs, a loveseat, or a chaise lounge from Strathwood’s St. Thomas Dining Collection.
- Minimal assembly is required.
- This isn’t for propane use. It’s a fire bowl used to make small fires.
– Functionality. This product is designed to be both a fire pit and a table. Usually, multi-functional products don’t give us satisfactory results. With the Strathwood JDT-799-42, however, consumers are happy with the results. This product can be used to set drinks and plates and to set a small fire at night. According to to one buyer, the metal table area doesn’t get hot to the truth when the fire pit is list.
– Weight. Many consumers think that this is heavy. That’s because its beautiful bronze coloring makes it appear to be so. But you can actually easily lift and move it.
– Assembly. This is an easy-to-assemble piece. It comes with parts that are well-labeled and instructions that teach you how to set it up in only 4 steps.
– Design. This fire pit is beautiful. Some complained, though, of this fire pit’s lack of holes at the bottom to prevent accumulating water. Other buyers have fixed this problem by drilling a hole at the bottom.
– Size of the Fire Pit. Don’t expect a huge fire pit. In fact, you can fit only 3 or 4 pieces of wood at a time.
If you’re looking for a fire pit that converts into a table, the Strathwood JDT-799-42 is a good idea. It’s beautiful, but it’s not just decorative. Although the fire pit can hold only up to 4 pieces of wood at a time, it does give you a safe and warm fire.